Closing Date -
Date of Play -
Games at -
Brown Bag Lunch
Entry Fee -
Pin Presentation after the second game
Trophy Presentation at the Awards Luncheon on
Rules and Regulations
1. All curlers playing in this event must be a member of a club belonging to the LCA.
2. Curl Canada rules shall apply, including LCA Amendments.
3. Entry fees shall be set by the LCA.
4. One day only. Two 8-end games at the same club.
5. No club-rated skips.
6. Point system in effect:
10 points for a win
5 points for a tie
2 points for an end
1 point for each blank end
plus ½ difference in score to a maximum of 5 points.
7. In case of default, the team ready to play is awarded 17½ points.
8. Ties for winners or runners-up to be broken by
a) the better win-loss record to be considered first; if still tie
b) the total percentage will be used.
9. Composite rinks allowed.
Bonspiel format originally for curlers with 6 years or more experience - no club rated skips. *(If a curler plays 50% or more club games as a skip (previous year), she will be considered a rated skip for LCA competition purposes. Total points. Played in District 1. Composite rinks permitted. This trophy is a silver tea service and tray given to the LCA by St. George Curling Club, Montreal, when they disbanded in 1971-72. Mrs. Ted (Kay) Thompson, an Honorary Member, and donor of the Ted Thompson Trophy, arranged this presentation. Winners receive pins (gilt) Runners-up receive pins (silver)